Mar 2, 2011

New skills

On the needles

The toddler sweater I started recently and blogged about in my first blog post proves to be quite the adventure. I have tried 2 new techniques and they seem to be working out quite nicely:


I used double knitting for the edging instead of the stockinette stitch hem broken up by one purl row I usually use. I find it to take a little longer but I prefer the edge - it looks really neat and is so easy to do.

I am knitting set-in-sleeves right onto the body. I have thought about doing this often, but it's the first time I am actually trying it out. I think it works well, but I need to wait til after blocking for the final result.









































Off the needles


Potpourri socks are done! I think blogging about them made me finish them - it only took forever...












Garter rib socks are done also, and very cozy on my feet.













Oh, and I finished Unique Melody in time to give it to the recipient on the weekend. Very nice pattern, and the yarn is absolutely gorgeous.


















I need to finish the little sweater before the weekend because I need to start an Alpaca cardigan that I am knitting for someone else. So off I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like